Friday, May 22, 2009

All about me!

Well, I'm finally taking the plunge and starting a blog!  This blog will be about my journey in starting my own business and being a first time mom.  First, let me start by telling you a little about myself.  My wonderful husband and I got married on July 7, 2007 after dating almost 5 years.  We bought our first house on November 8, 2007 and were thrilled!  He's a firefighter and I teach 3rd grade.  Then on January 7, 2009 we were blessed to welcome our sweet baby girl Kennedi into our lives.  Now everything has changed!  After taking 8 weeks of maternity leave I went back to teaching to finish out this school year.  We currently have 9 days left... but whose counting!?  I've also been blessed to be able to teach part time next year at the same school.  The county that I work for now has job sharing for teachers, where two teachers share one classroom and work every other day.  Very excited!!  So with all these new changes I've thought what better time to start my own business than now!  

Since I can remember I've always wanted to own my own boutique.  Well, actually since Donna Martin on 90210 started her boutique "Now Try This" I've wanted to copy her.  Yes, I was a 90210 junkie!  From the moment I got pregnant my husband and I started praying for the Lord to provide a way for me to work from home.  The only problem was that I am a full time mom and a full time teacher so that left little time for me to open my own store.  Then the first door was open for me to go part time teaching.  With summer break starting in two weeks and after much prayer we decided that I should go ahead, even in the bad economy, and give it my best.  

So, here I am starting a blog about my business.  I decided to start Kennedi's Closet after my baby girl Kennedi.  She's a little over 4 months now and extremely girlie!  As a mom I love and am obsessed with Smocked anything, monogrammed everything, and of course big hair bows!  From the day Kennedi was born she has had a bow on her head.  Her closet is full of smocked clothing and majority of her bibs, burp cloths, blankets, diaper covers, and bags are all monogrammed.  I'm a little obsessed I know.  Everywhere we go people are constantly complimenting me on Kennedi's outfits and accessories so I thought what better thing to sell in my store than children's boutique style outfits and accessories.  So, now you can follow my journey on creating my Online Children's Boutique.  

No comments:

Post a Comment